Alight Motion supports importing various media files like images, videos, and audio to use in your projects. Here are some tips on bringing external files into the app:
Supported File Types
- Images: JPG, PNG, TIFF, BMP, GIF
- Videos: MP4, MOV, M4V
- Audio: MP3, M4A, WAV, AAC
Make sure your files are in these supported formats.
Add Media Layers
To import media:
- Tap the Add Layer button
- Select the Image/Video tab
- Tap View All to access your device’s media files and folders
- Navigate and select the files to import
- The media will be added as new layers
Large media files can slow down Alight Motion. Optimize performance by:
- Using shorter video clips
- Compressing images and videos
- Converting massive files to a smaller format
This will ensure smooth editing and playback.
Copyright Protected Files
Files with digital rights management (DRM) restrictions cannot be imported. This includes:
- Media downloaded from streaming services
- Certain online videos and audio
- Professionally shot raw footage
Use original media you created or have rights to use.
Following these tips will allow you to import external media into your Alight Motion projects seamlessly.